Friday, February 12, 2016

[gita-talk] What is the most beautiful Prayer you have heard ?

 



What is the most beautiful Prayer you have heard ?   

=====================


Answer by SANDEEP 


There are many heart touching prayers published in the books of  Gita Press Gorakhpur. The one, which is I am going to share is written by a great saint of modern India, Swami Ramsukhdas. This prayer is a true reflection of devotion to GOD. And words are nothing but true feelings of inner core of a devotee's heart.  I am sharing this prayer in both Hindi and English.

हे नाथ! आपसे मेरी प्रार्थना है कि आप मुझे प्यारे लगें। केवल यही मेरी माँग है और कोई माँग नहीं।
He Naath ! It is my sincere prayer to you, that You appear sweet and loving to me. That is my only requirement, there is no other requirement.
हे नाथ! अगर मैं स्वर्ग चाहूँ तो मुझे नरक में डाल दें, सुख चाहूँ तो अनन्त दुःखों में डाल दें, पर आप मुझे प्यारे लगें।
He Naath ! If I desire heavens, then you place me in hell; if I desire happiness, then shower me with endless sorrows, but may You at all times appear sweet and loving to me.
हे नाथ! आपके बिना मैं रह न सकूँ, ऐसी व्याकुलता आप दे दें।
He Naath ! May You create such intense longing, such distress within me that I am unable to live without You.
हे नाथ! आप मेरे हृदय में ऐसी आग लगा दें कि आपकी प्रीति के बिना मैं जी न सकूँ।
He Naath ! May You create such a fire in my heart, that I am unable to live without Your love.
हे नाथ! आपके बिना मेरा कौन है? मैं किससे कहूँ और कौन सुने?
He Naath ! Besides You who else is mine? Who should I tell, who will listen?
हे मेरे शरण्य! मैं कहाँ जाऊँ? क्या करूँ? कोई मेरा नहीं।
O' My Protector! Where will I go? What will I do? No one is mine.
मैं भूला हुआ कइयोंको अपना मानता रहा। उनसे धोखा खाया, फिर भी खा सकता हूँ, आप बचायें!
Being lost, I believed many to be mine. But I was betrayed by them. Once again I am likely to be betrayed. You please save me !
हे मेरे प्यारे! हे अनाथनाथ! हे अशरणशरण! हे पतितपावन! हे दीनबन्धो! हे अरक्षितरक्षक! हे आर्तत्राणपरायण! हे निराधार के आधार! हे अकारणकरुणावरुणालय! हे साधनहीन के एकमात्र साधन! हे असहायक के सहायक! क्या आप मेरे को जानते नहीं, मैं कितना भग्नप्रतिज्ञ, कैसा कृतघ्न, कैसा अपराधी, कैसा विपरीतगामी, कैसा अकरण-करणपरायण हूँ। अनन्त दुःखों के कारण स्वरूप भोगों को भोगकर-जानकर भी आसक्त रहनेवाला, अहितको हितकर माननेवाला, बार-बार ठोकरें खाकर भी नहीं चेतनेवाला, आपसे विमुख होकर बार-बार दुःख पानेवाला, चेतकर भी न चेतनेवाला, जानकर भी न जाननेवाला मेरे सिवाय आपको ऐसा कौन मिलेगा?
O My Beloved One! The guardian of the abandoned! The refuge of those seeking shelter! The purifier of the sinful! The friend of the poor! The protector of the unprotected! The sustainer of those without any support! The savior of the afflicted! The foundation of the baseless! O' Merciful and compassionate One without any cause! The only accomplishment of those without any accomplishment! The aid of those needing help! Do you not know me, the wretched, the ungrateful, the sinner, who has turned inauspicious, a non-performer far from action. In spite of knowing the suffering and sorrows resulting from temporary sense enjoyments, yet I remain infatuated. I continue to believe something to be beneficial, even though it is not for my welfare. I have stumbled and fallen over and over again and then too I have not become alert and careful. Over and over again I have experienced suffering due to turning away from You. Who will you find besides me, that in spite of knowing, yet doesn't know, in spite of being alerted, yet does not become cautious.
प्रबो! त्राहि माम्! त्राहि माम्! पाहि माम्! पाहि माम्!! हेप्रभो! हे विभो! मैं आँख पसार कर देखता हूँ तो मन-बुद्धि-प्राण-इन्द्रिया ँ और शरीर भी मेरे नहीं हैं, फिर वस्तु-व्यक्ति आदि मेरे कैसे हो सकते हैं! ऐसा मैं जानता हूँ, कहता हूँ, पर वास्तविकता से नहीं मानता। मेरी यह दशा क्या आपसे किञ्चिन्मात्र भी कभी छिपी है? फिर हे प्यारे! क्या कहूँ! हे नाथ! हे नाथ!! हे मेरे नाथ!!! हे दीनबन्धो! हे प्रभो! आप अपनी तरफ से सरण में ले लें। बस, केवल आप प्यारे लगें।
Prabho! Save me! Save me! Protect me! Protect me! Hey Prabho! Hey Vibho! When I look deeply with wide open eyes, I find that neither the mind-intellect-life breath-senses and body are mine, then how can things and persons be mine! I know this, I say this, but I do not believe the truth, the essence. Is this condition of mine even hidden for a single moment from You? The Beloved One! What can I say! He Naath ! He Naath !! He Mere Naath !!! O! friend of the poor! O Lord! You only take me in your shelter from your side ! Enough! Now let only You appear Sweet and Loving !
हे प्रभो! आप अपनी तरफ से सरण में ले लें।
O Lord! You only take me in your shelter from your side !

======================

Hari SharaNam!
Most touching prayers by SwamiJi (collected by SandeepJi) for the most beautiful question!
May all be blessed!
N. Dubey

----------------------------------------------------------------

  • Dear Sadaks,
    SERVE JANOBA SUKINO BAVANTHU.  may everyone be happy & healthy. This was said by many saints. Simple & best.
    Purely my opinion is that we are children of GOD. If we have faith in that, then GOD as our parents knows everything. We need not say anything. Just keep quite GOD knows what to do. Sri Parasurama, Sri Rama and Sri Krishna coming on earth was known much before they could come. Their parents was also decided by Sri Vishnu. To say lakhs of years before everything about  Sri Rama and Sri Krishna was told in Sri Vaikunt by Sri Vishnu when Jaya and Vijaya (Door keepers at Sri Vaikunt) was cursed by 4 saints. We humans have only very little knowledge of our birth and present. So when Vedas claim that they (Vedas) cannot describe GOD, how can we say do this or do that. What to do GOD knows. Based on our Karma only we are born. We do not know what was our past Karmas. Based on past Karmas GOD has done what HE should do to us and we are here. When GOD could do perfection in each of HIS act, then why we are to say all that & this.
    B.Sathyanarayan 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Ram....Ram....

    Sharnanandji Maharaj ki Aawaz me Manav Sewa Sangh ki Dono Vilakshan Prarthna…. 


    For deep meanings of above Prarthna please refer Sharnanandji's audio no. 45B and 45A pravachans which are available in book Santvani part 8 from page 34 to 60.

Yogesh  Ram Ram 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its noble, no doubt. There are many equivalent "prayers". In dharma, unlike religion, we do not pray for any material benefits, at least we are not supposed to pray. Our job begins and ends with discharging our duty. That we get the capacity to discharge to finish our job successfully or otherwise is 20% of the job. It requires some grace from external source. (Cf. 18.14, Gita). Praying without the 80% prerequisites  on individual's part is of no use. In dharma, the individuals aim and goal should be welfare and wellbeing of fellow beings. Bhakti is not throwing flowers on an Idol and reciting mantras etc. These are physical gestures. Bhakti is Sharing the bounties of creation with fellow beings. Bhakti is from the root (dhatu) Bhaja. Our prayer ought to b eto our self and it should be "Please instil in  me the spirit of such Sharing, and hence equanimity." This is expressed in several ways by different people with the same goal.
Andal says "Koodi irundu kulindu", another Upanishat prayer says, " ॐ सह नाववतु। सह नौ भुनक्तु। सह वीर्यं करवावहै। तेजस्वि नावधीतमस्तु मा विद्विषावहै।
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः" Another ardhana is   मत् जन्मनः फलम् इदम् मधु कैटभ हरॆ, मत् प्रार्धनीय मत् अनुग्रह ऎव च, त्वत् भृत्य भृत्य,परिचारक  भ्रुत्यस्य भ्जृत्य  इति माम् स्मर लोक नाथ - that is Lord, know me as servant of servant of... servant of yours or equivalently recognize not me as your servant but as a servant of every bit of your creation.
Such should be the thoughts and not prayers. Do not pray lord. He knows your mind and thoughts. Just let it b eyour though, fill your heart with the theought of welfare and humility. Prayers are taken care of.
Krishna Samudrala

---------------------------------------------------------

Heart touching prayer...


GB (God Bless)
Sanjay Bhatt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My prayer to Godwhic  I hear from my inner senses  O God let me do always good  to  the  birth you have given to me. let me always breather with compassion to all living human and non human beings and let me not hurt and pollute  the  environment that you have created  with purity and lgive me the energy will power  to live a full meaning ful humane life jayashree sarathy bangalore 


----------------------------------------------




__._,_.___

Posted by: Sadhak <sadhak_insight@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
All past 4925+ messages are accessible and searchable at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gita-talk/

28,000+ sadhakas

A list of all topics discussed in 2009 along with their links are at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gita-talk/message/3189

.

__,_._,___

No comments: