Wednesday, May 15, 2013

[gita-talk] Why good people hurt others in Puranic stories?

 

Since my mother is visiting at my house, I have got Zee TV. TV shows of Zee TV are soap operas which are full of jealousy, duplicity, cheating and basically, people hurting each other. My mind started hurting after watching those shows. My mother mentioned that Puranic stories are full of such incidences. For example, step mothers of Jarasandha cut him into two halves and threw him away. The father of Dhruva, Uttanpada, mistreated his own son. Valmiki Ramayana describes how Kaikeyi will treat Kausalya with disrespect as she was favorite wife of Dasarath. She continued to give me many instances of such behavior.

I am an ordinary person and I don't hurt people around me. Why do these great people in Puranas hurt others?

Regards,
Murari Das

--------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

ENGLISH WEBSITE: www.swamiramsukhdasji.net
HINDI WEBSITE: www.swamiramsukhdasji.org
HINDI BLOG: www.satcharcha.blogspot.com
To receive daily spiritual message,
Subscribe:sadhaka-subscribe@yahoogroups.com(daily spiritual message)
Subscribe:gita-talk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com(for Gita discussion)
Unsubscribe:gita-talk-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
All past 4925+ messages are accessible and searchable at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gita-talk/

28,000+ sadhakas

A list of all topics discussed in 2009 along with their links are at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gita-talk/message/3189
.

__,_._,___

No comments: